PT Day at the Capitol
This coordinated grassroots event will allow members and non-members to participate in a full agenda of activities demonstrating the physical therapy profession's strong presence in Georgia and shining light on current issues affecting our practice.
Georgia State Capitol
206 Washington St SW
Atlanta, GA 30334
Registration For This Event Has Closed
Thanks to the over 375 attendees who made 2018 PT Day at the Capitol a HUGE success! Let’s keep the momentum going!
It is essential that we have a strong turnout for this event, and you can help!
When: February 13, 2018
Time: 7:30AM - 2:30PM
Where: The Gold Dome
Breakfast Location: Floyd Room 20th floor of the Sloppy Floyd Building, West Tower
Registration Rate: Complimentary (please note registration required to attend)
CCH/CEU: 1.40 continuing competency hour awarded
Register By: Thursday, February 8th
Key Events Include:
- Photo opportunities with Governor and/or prominent legislator
- Recognition by the state legislature and constituent meetings
This will allow legislators and staff to become actively engaged, get to know our organization and learn about the cost savings benefits of physical therapy.
Please see the Schedule at a Glance below. Download the Full Agenda for more details!
|Schedule at a Glance|
|7:30 AM - 9:00 AM||Registration & Breakfast||Sloppy Floyd Building
Floyd Room | 20th Floor
|8:00 AM - 9:30 AM||Program
Earn 1.40 CCH (CEU)
|Sloppy Floyd Building
Floyd Room | 20th Floor
|9:30 AM||Walk to Capitol|
|10:15 AM - 10:30 AM||Group Photo with
|Georgia State Capitol
North Steps Inside Capitol
|11:00 AM - 2:30 PM||Legislator Visits||Georgia State Capitol
The Capitol will be very crowded with legislators, staff, lobbyists and visitors. Please dress in business or business casual attire to maintain the professional atmosphere.
- Parking: Spaces for visitors with disabilities are located on Mitchell Street. Vehicles may stop briefly at the loading zone to drop off passengers.
- Entrances: Visitors in wheelchairs may enter the Capitol from the loading zone off of Mitchell Street and from Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive via ramps which provide access to the first (ground) floor.
- Elevators: The elevators are located on the east and west sides of the Capitol.
- Restrooms: Wheelchair accessible restrooms are located on the first, third and fourth floors of the Capitol building. Facilities for ladies are located on the first floor, inside the Capitol Avenue entrance and on the third floor in room 342. Mens' facilities can be found on the first floor and on the fourth floor adjacent to the House Gallery.
- Water Fountains: Accessible water fountains can be found near the first floor restrooms on the east side of the Capitol and inside the Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive entrance.
- Telephones: Both a TDD and a Volume Control Telephone are located on the first floor of the Capitol in the restroom area.
- Galleries: Wheelchair spaces are provided in the Senate and House galleries and most legislative committee meeting rooms are accessible.
- Capitol Grounds: The paths leading to points of interest on the Capitol grounds are paved.
In compliance with security regulations, all visitors must enter the Capitol through a metal detector; the X-ray machine must examine hand-carried items. No weapons, including pocketknives, are allowed in the Capitol. These items should be left in a vehicle because security is not able to hold these items. In addition, off-duty law enforcement officers will not be allowed to carry their weapons while they are inside the Capitol.