Attention Physical Therapists, Physical Therapists Assistants and Student PTs and Student PTAs
February 25, 2014 from 9:30am – 2pm, PTAG will host “PT Day at the Capitol” and we need your help!
This coordinated grassroots event will allow members and non-members to participate in a full agenda of activities demonstrating the physical therapy profession’s strong presence in Georgia and shining light on current issues affecting our practice.
It is essential that we have a strong turnout for this event, and you can help!
In addition to photo opportunities, recognition by the state legislature and constituent meetings, we will have a room on the main level of the capitol hosting a variety of fitness assessment stations run by volunteers in shifts. This will allow legislators and staff to become actively engaged, get to know our organization and learn about the cost savings benefits of physical therapy.
The full agenda is listed below.
- 9:00am – 9:30am: Registration
- 9:30am – 10:00am: Welcome and Orientation
- 10:00am: Group picture with Governor Nathan Deal and presentation of commendation
- 10:15am – 2:00pm: Fitness stations and room open to visitors
- 10:30am – 11:30am: House of Representatives gallery for proclamation and legislative session
- 11:30am – 1:00pm: Lunch (TBD speaker and possibly legislators attending)
- 1:00 pm – 2:00pm: Possible legislative office visits and committee meetings.
Pre-registration is now closed. On-site registration is available at the Capitol on Tuesday, February 25.