PT Day at the Capitol
This coordinated grassroots event will allow members and non-members to participate in a full agenda of activities demonstrating the physical therapy profession's strong presence in Georgia and shining light on current issues affecting our practice.
Georgia State Capitol
206 Washington St SW
Atlanta, GA 30334
Attention Physical Therapists, Physical Therapists Assistants, Student PTs & Student PTAs:
Tuesday, February 7, 2017 from 7:30 am - 2 pm, PTAG is hosting the 2017 PT Day at the Capitol and we need your help! #PTAGURit
Please distribute the survey below to your patients to gather data and feedback for our copay legislative initiative.
NEW THIS YEAR - Receive an hour of continuing competence educational credit for attending the session during breakfast. Read more below.
It is essential that we have a strong turnout for this event, and you can help!
When: February 13, 2018
Time: 7:30AM - 1:30PM
Where: The Gold Dome
Breakfast Location: Floyd Room 20th floor of the Sloppy Floyd Building, West Tower
Key Events Include:
- Photo opportunities on the grand staircase with Governor, Lieutenant Governor and/or prominent legislator
- Recognition by the state legislature and constituent meetings
Click here to download driving and parking information.
The Capitol will be very crowded with legislators, staff, lobbyists and visitors. Please dress in business or business casual attire to maintain the professional atmosphere.
- Parking: Spaces for visitors with disabilities are located on Mitchell Street. Vehicles may stop briefly at the loading zone to drop off passengers.
- Entrances: Visitors in wheelchairs may enter the Capitol from the loading zone off of Mitchell Street and from Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive via ramps which provide access to the first (ground) floor.
- Elevators: The elevators are located on the east and west sides of the Capitol.
- Restrooms: Wheelchair accessible restrooms are located on the first, third and fourth floors of the Capitol building. Facilities for ladies are located on the first floor, inside the Capitol Avenue entrance and on the third floor in room 342. Mens' facilities can be found on the first floor and on the fourth floor adjacent to the House Gallery.
- Water Fountains: Accessible water fountains can be found near the first floor restrooms on the east side of the Capitol and inside the Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive entrance.
- Telephones: Both a TDD and a Volume Control Telephone are located on the first floor of the Capitol in the restroom area.
- Galleries: Wheelchair spaces are provided in the Senate and House galleries and most legislative committee meeting rooms are accessible.
- Capitol Grounds: The paths leading to points of interest on the Capitol grounds are paved.
In compliance with security regulations, all visitors must enter the Capitol through a metal detector; the X-ray machine must examine hand-carried items. No weapons, including pocketknives, are allowed in the Capitol. These items should be left in a vehicle because security is not able to hold these items. In addition, off-duty law enforcement officers will not be allowed to carry their weapons while they are inside the Capitol.